'RIP Megan Fox' death hoax forces the star to quit Twitter

12 January 2013 / 3 years 9 months ago

Source: The Daily ChilliMegan Fox has quit Twitter just a week after joining. She was the victim of a sick online death hoax on 3rd January when "RIP Megan Fox" became a trending topic on the site, and the new mum offered up a first tweet in a bid to prove she was still alive and kicking.Her debut post read: "I'm incredibly late to the party but I'm here nonetheless, so what now?" She continued to post on the site and picked up more than 250,000 followers. But on Thursday, the star suspended her account.Announcing she was finished with Twitter on her Facebook page, Megan wrote, "Some of you may, or may not have noticed by now that my Twitter account has been shut down..."I thought that 2013 might be the year that I finally blossomed into a social networking butterfly... but as it turns out I still hate it. Love you guys but I will just never be that girl. Facebook is as much as I can handle. I'm sorry."Megan became a mother in September last year. She ordered her husband to hire a nanny to help with their baby son because she feared their marriage would end in divorce if the sleepless nights continued.She became a mother to baby boy Noah, her first child with her longtime partner Brian Austin Green. Megan initially didn't want to hire anyone to help during the first few months after her son's birth. However, she admits she gave in and asked for a night nurse when sleep deprivation began to kick in.She tells Jay Leno, "Having an infant is difficult. It's a lot of work and I didn't hire any help because I overestimated my own abilities."I had no idea how difficult babies could be, so Brian and I were exhausted. I said to Brian, 'We have to get a night nurse or we're going to get a divorce because someone's got to sleep in this house or we're going to kill each other."The couple now has a nanny who helps with the baby two evenings a week, she said.

Join in the talk