SOURCE: ST COMMUNITIES
Taiwanese songtress Vivian Hsu married her Singapore-based boyfriend at a hotel here on Feb this year.
The sexy Mandopop star and her Indonesian-born beau Sean Lee had been dating since 2013 before tying the knot, making her part of a list of celebrities who are hitched to Singaporeans or Singapore-based people. Here are some of them:
1. Taiwanese Singer Van Ness Wu and Singaporean jewellery designer Arissa Cheo
Wu, of boyband F4 fame, and Cheo held a banquet at St Regis Singapore in January 2014 for their second dinner celebration after throwing one in California in November 2013.
2. Hong Kong-based Taiwanese actress Charlie Young and Singaporean Khoo Shao Tze
The couple tied the knot at W Hotel Singapore in November 2013 after a 20-year courtship with its ups and downs. Khoo said of his bride on their big day: “She has always been an angel to me.”
3. Hong Kong actor Francis Ng and Singaporean Fiona Wong
The thespian, known for his compelling performances on both TV and film, married his wife in 2002. They have a son Feynman Ng, born in 2008.
4. Hong Kong superstar Chow Yun Fatt and Singaporean Jasmine Tan
One of Asian cinema's biggest names, Chow married his Singaporean wife in 1986. The couple is said to enjoy shopping in outdoor markets, eschewing the luxury shopping malls found in Hong Kong.
5. Chinese actress Gong Li and Singaporean tycoon Ooi Hoi Seong
The actress, who has appeared in Hollywood films, and her businessman husband were married for 13 years before splitting in 2009. Their separate careers took a toll on their relationship as both travelled for work to different destinations.