Justin Bieber will reportedly reject the plea deal offered to him by prosecutors in Miami.
The 19-year-old star, who is scheduled to appear in court in Florida on March 3 after being charged with driving under the influence (DUI), driving with an expired licence and resisting arrest last month, thinks the Florida State Attorney's conditions are too strict and he doesn't want to be forced to undergo random drug testing.
The 'Baby' hitmaker has been offered the chance to avoid facing a stint in jail and to have most of the charges dropped if he agrees to plead no contest to reckless driving, completes 40 hours of community service and submits to random drug testing for up to nine months at his own expense.
But a source told gossip website TMZ.com that Justin's legal team believe there are huge problems with the case because a police officer allegedly lied when he said the underage star reeked of alcohol when he was only slightly above the legal limit, and a sophisticated GPS device proved Justin was only driving at 27 MPH at the time of his arrest.
The insider said that the 'Heartbreaker' singer will not accept any plea that involves probation, suggesting he is worried about going to jail if he does anything illegal in the future.
Prosecutors also want Justin to attend an alcohol education course and a 'victim impact panel' to hear relatives of DUI victims share their stories, as well as having an ignition interlock device - a tube used to test her breath and make sure he's alcohol free - installed in his cars.
The source said that Justin, who is also scheduled to appear in court in Toronto, Canada on March 10 after being charged with assaulting a limousine driver on December 30, is open to a plea but will not accept the current deal being offered to him.