The organisers of the hastily-cancelled 1 World Music Festival have denied claims that they did not confirm the acts before advertising the event.
In an e-mail response to My Paper on Thursday (Sep 19), Retfar Entertainment's managing director, Mr Gregory Gumo, said: "I can only comment at this time that all acts were confirmed and paid in full."
He added: "Beyond this, we will be releasing an official statement as soon as we have finished discussing the announcement with sponsors and artists."
Slated to be held at Marina Barrage today and tomorrow, the festival had boasted a massive, star-studded line-up which included rappers Snoop Dogg and Iggy Azalea, electronic musician Moby and hip-hop outfit Far East Movement.
My Paper understands that Retfar Entertainment, a newcomer to the live-events industry here, has its roots in Australia and is owned by veteran Australian promoter Mark Rafter.
Speculation had been rife about the reason for the cancellation since news broke on Wednesday night, with some blaming poor ticket sales and organisation.
Then, the company had sent out a brief press statement around 8.20pm, citing "unforeseen circumstances".
It also said that tickets, which were on sale for $88 and up, would be refunded via ticketing agents from next Wednesday.
In a blog post on its website yesterday evening, Retfar highlighted the various posts made by artists on various social-media platforms, like Facebook and Twitter, confirming their participation in the festival.
Moby, for instance, had tweeted on Tuesday: "Flying to Australia for two days en route to Singapore. See you soon, hopefully."
For party-goers, though, the clarifications have not been enough.
Bank executive Melanie Pereira, 26, who purchased her tickets in June, said: "Right now, I'm just hoping to get my money back as soon as possible. This has totally ruined my weekend."
PHOTOS: Retfar Entertainment