Elva Hsiao gets scalded by hot oil -- leaving her with 20 burns

25 December 2015 / 10 months 1 week ago

Taiwanese pop singer Elva Hsiao was accidentally scalded by hot oil while cooking at home, leaving her with 20 burns on her left arm.

According to Asianpopnews.com, Elva was cooking a steak to distract her from the grief of losing her beloved dog recently.

She was apparently distracted when the hot oil in the pan scalded her.

Since the accident happened at night, she had to clean the wound herself with saline solution.

She had a busy day rehearsing for a new year's eve countdown concert the next day and had no time to see a doctor.

She changed the dressings herself and used a plaster on her burns.

Sweat during her rehearsal caused the plasters to come off so after discussing with her stylist, she will add long gloves to match her costumes to avoid infecting her wounds.

Join in the talk