Chris Brown in 11-hour standoff with police after he held gun to beauty queen's head

31 August 2016 / 1 month 4 weeks ago

Chris Brown has been arrested.

The 27-year-old singer - who previously spent six years on probation for assaulting then-girlfriend Rihanna in 2009 - was taken to the Los Angeles Police Department's Robbery Homicide Division and charged with assault with a deadly weapon following a stand-off at his Tarzana, Los Angeles, home on Tuesday (30.08.16).

Police were called to the 'Fine China' hitmaker's house following a 911 call from beauty queen Baylee Curran, who claimed Chris pulled a gun on her after an argument.

She filed a police report, and officers obtained a search warrant but the star initially didn't respond to anyone knocking at his door.

At one point, he is said to have thrown a duffel bag out of a window, with police seizing drugs and at least one firearm from within.

Eleven hours after police were called, he finally came outside and was arrested soon afterwards.

According to TMZ, Chris was inside with several friends, including Ray J, when some "uninvited guests" -including Baylee - appeared in his home and were asked to leave.

Ray eventually left the house and when he got to the base of the driveway, police handcuffed him and seized his BMW. He was uncuffed and let go after having his ID checked, but officers retained his car as evidence.

While it was initially claimed Chris - who has a two-year-old daughter, Royalty, with ex-girlfriend Nia Guzman - was asleep while police were outside, he later posted a series of videos on his social media accounts in which he objected to the officers being outside and said he felt harassed.

In one of the videos, he said: "I stay out of the way look after my daughter. I'm innocent." 

In another post, he added: "When I call the police for stalker people that are endangering my life they don't come till the next day, let somebody make a f***ed up allegation about me and you get a whole f***ing swat team...I'm innocent, f**k everybody in this s**t.

"I am a father. I am one of the best entertainers out here without bragging and saying woe is me I don't get enough credit. So at the end of the day I'm tired of this s**t, I'm up at 6,7 something in the morning talking this s**t for something I didn't do. How would you feel? F**k this fame s*t." 

Meanwhile, Nia's attorney, Carl Anthony Moore, told E! News that the former couple's daughter was with Chris when the alleged incident took place. He said she was subsequently taken to school, and once the news broke, his client picked up Royalty and ensured she was taken to a safe place.

However, the 'Yeah 3x' hitmaker's lawyer Mark Geragos said: "That is categorically untrue. She wasn't and isn't here."

See photos related to the article in the gallery below.

Join in the talk