Tinu Suppanad Jittaleela posted this picture of herself with her parents on her Facebook Page.
A Monday morning fire that broke out at a home-based factory producing black bean curd in Ratchaburi’s Photharam district has took the lives of Thai actress Tina Suppanad Jittaleela’s parents.
The fire had occurred in the middle of Photharam's municipal market and was reported to the police around 2.30am.
Two people perished in the fire, and were later identified as Somchai Jittaleela, 66 and his wife Piyawan Jittaleela, 65, parents of the star who is best remembered for her debut role as ‘Kim’ in Thai lesbian romance film ‘Yes or No ’.
According to Bangkok Post, Police suspected that the fire which ignited at the second floor of the factory, surrounded by wooden houses, was triggered by a short circuit.
It took around two hours, six fire trucks and rescue workers to put out the fire.
Somjai Jittaleela, 74, the owner of the black bean curd business, said she was asleep on the first floor when she was awakened by a loud noise as the electricity went off and she discovered the fire.
She called for rescue but did not know that her younger brother and his wife, who were on the second floor, were trapped and died in the fire.
Tina Suppanad, who is a rising star in China and other Chinese countries such as Hong Kong and Taiwan, took to her Facebook page to express her sorrow.