While Jamie Yeo was heartbroken because she couldn't breastfeed her premature baby, there are celebrity mums whose cups runneth over.
According to a report in The New Paper, veteran local actress Zoe Tay, 45, a mother of three, revealed in 2005 that she had so much breast milk after giving birth to her first child the year before, she didn’t know what to do with it.
So what did she do with it in the end?
1. Offered it to the children of her friends, who accepted her “gift”
2. Called her doctor, asking if the hospital wanted any of it
3. Used it as a facial mask, shampoo and shower gel
Why breast milk is preferable to infant formula:
- Strengthened immune system and cold and flu resistance
- Decreased risk of middle ear infections, tooth decay, childhood diabetes, asthma, eczema, adulthood obesity, autism, heart disease and sudden infant death syndrome.