Cate Blanchett cleared her schedule following the death of Philip Seymour Hoffman.
The 'Blue Jasmine' star, who was spotted visiting the late actor's ex-partner, Mimi O'Donnell, with toys for their three children, Cooper, 10, Tallulah, seven, and Willa, five, at their home in New York City on Monday (03.02.14), cancelled a string of appearances to take a few days off to grieve for her close friend.
A spokesperson for the 44-year-old Australian actress told The Hollywood Reporter that her team made the decision to postpone interviews on 'Good Morning America' and 'Live! With Kelly and Michael' to promote her new film, 'The Monuments Men,' on Wednesday (05.02.14) "to allow Cate the time and privacy to grieve the loss of her friend Philip Seymour Hoffman."
The Oscar-nominee formed a close friendship with the 46-year-old actor, who was found dead in his apartment from an apparent heroin overdose on Sunday (02.02.14), while starring alongside him in 'The Talented Mr. Ripley' in 1999.
The actress, who is expected to attend the official Oscar nominees luncheon in Beverly Hills on Monday (10.02.14), has had a stressful few days as she was also called out in Dylan Farrow's open letter on Saturday (01.02.14), in which the 28 year old accused her father, Woody Allen, of sexually abusing her at the age of seven.
Challenging some of the stars of her father's films for working with him, Dylan wrote: "What if it had been your child, Cate Blanchett?"
The 'Lord of the Rings' star attempted to distance herself from the scandal over the weekend and said: "It's obviously been a long and painful situation for the family. I hope they find some resolution and peace."