Park Si-hoo’s alleged rape victim wasn’t drunk: bar owner

21 February 2013 / 3 years 8 months ago
The woman who accused actor Park Si-hoo of raping her did not appear drunk on the night the alleged attack took place, according to the owner of a bar where the two drank that night.

Park Si-hoo, a well-known hallyu star, was accused on Monday of allegedly raping a 22-year-old woman.

The woman said she had a drink with the 36-year-old actor last Friday at a bar in Cheongdam-dong, Seoul, and was raped after she passed out from being drunk.

The women formally lodged a complaint with the police the same day.

The Korea Herald reports however that the owner of the bar told a local tabloid on Wednesday that the alleged rape victim did not appear to be drunk when she was at the bar.

“I have talked to my employees and checked the CCTV images, and it did not look like she was drunk,‘ he was quoted as saying.

“She was standing on her feet and Park was escorting her just in case she fell down.

He added that the woman walked down a flight of stairs without any trouble.

Police said Park has been summoned for questioning on Feb.24.

Park issued a public statement Tuesday and admitted that he did have a drink with the woman, but insisted that he did not forcibly have sex with her.

He vowed to fully cooperate with the police investigation.

The 36-year-old actor, who built his fame with his role in “Iljimae‘ and “The Princess’ Man,‘ is hailed as a promising Korean Wave star.

After enjoying a series of successes in TV dramas, Park made his leading actor debut on the silver screen in “Confession of Murder‘ last year.
Join in the talk