Kim Hyun Joong's GF drops assault charges -- but damage already done

18 September 2014 / 2 years 1 month ago

t looks like Kim Hyun Joong’s assault case has been wrapped up.

Early afternoon on September 17, according to a report by Star News, a request was put in by girlfriend “A’s” lawyer to drop the charges of assault and battery being pressed against Kim Hyun Joong.

“A’s” lawyer said, “From the beginning, if he [Kim Hyun Joong] apologized, ‘A’ was planning on dropping charges under no condition or receipt of settlement money.”

According to Soompi, the lawyer continued, saying that there will be no further problems, as “A” has received her apology.

Previously, on September 15, following a statement from “A” that the singer apologize and admit his wrongs, Kim Hyun Joong posted an apology on his official website, as well as apologized to his girlfriend in person.

Meanwhile, Kim Hyun Joong just recently finished his world tour, with his final tour performance in Nagoya, Japan on September 16. His final tour stop had been scheduled for September 19 in Beijing, but was canceled by local concert promoters.

They put up a notice and apologized by providing details on how to refund purchased tickets through the ticketing website, said Dkpopnews. While the reason of cancellation is not stated, fans have assumed that it has something to do with the singer's assault case.

However, in response to this, Key East also put up a notice on Kim Hyun Joong's official site  to inform and apologize stating that the cancellation is unilateral or not agreed by both parties and express their plan to take counteraction.

Join in the talk