Alec Baldwin's show officially axed after calling paparazzo insulting name

27 November 2013 / 2 years 11 months ago

Alec Baldwin's talk show has been officially axed.

The 55-year-old actor's late night MSNBC series 'Up Late' has been cancelled after claims the former '30 Rock' actor made a homophobic slur against a photographer earlier this month.

A spokesperson for Alec and MSNBC issued the following statement to "We are jointly confirming that 'Up Late' will not continue on MSNBC. This is a mutual parting and we wish Alec all the best."

The star reportedly called a paparazzo a "c**ksucking f*g" hours after winning a court case against his stalker in New York, but he later insisted he had called the man a "fat head". 

An insider told the New York Post's Page Six that executives were not impressed by his behaviour and decided to cancel his show on Tuesday (26.11.13).

The source said: "The decision has been made. He's gone. The [parent company] Comcast guys have decided. Word is spreading through the building."

The chat show was suspended from the Friday night slot two weeks ago and Alec admitted in a blog post at the time that the future of his talk show was unclear.

He wrote: "Whether the show comes back at all is an issue right now."

The actor previously apologised for the slur in a statement on his show's website on November 15, which read: "I would like to address the comments I made this past week. I did not intend to hurt or offend anyone with my choice of words, but clearly I have -- and for that I am deeply sorry."

Join in the talk