10 Chongqing officials sacked for sex videos

27 January 2013 / 3 years 9 months ago

Ten mid-ranking officials in Southwest China's Chongqing municipality have been removed from their posts, as authorities continued to investigate an online sex-video scandal that led to the sacking of a district official last year.According to a report in The China Daily, the officials included four district-or county-level Party chiefs and the head of a Party discipline inspection committee at the municipality's transportation committee, the municipal government said on its micro blog on Thursday night.The sacked also include five board directors or executives at five State-owned enterprises, it said. In November, Lei Zhengfu, former Party chief of Beibei district, was removed from his post only three days after the local disciplinary watchdog confirmed he was in a widespread online sex video.Government sources said the 10 officials, including Peng Zhiyong, Party chief of Jiulongpo district; Fan Mingwen, Party chief of Bishan county; Han Shuming, deputy Party chief of Changshou district and head of the district government; and Luo Guang, board director of State-owned Southwest Securities Co Ltd, were removed for being involved in the same sex video scandal as Lei.

Join in the talk